Modern Calligraphy: Next Steps with Wild Sea Calligraphy
Spend a couple of creative hours mastering your modern calligraphy. From perfecting your lettering style to learning how to flourish and compose your lettering - join Lyndsey of Wild Sea Calligraphy at Bedruthan. You will learn the importance of practice drills, how to compose lettering, and understand flourishing. By the end of the session, you could have completed your very own lettering and learnt how to develop your unique calligraphy style.
Lyndsey is a professional calligraphy artist and the author of The Calligraphy Ideas Book. Her teaching style is relaxed and easy going. She also talks about calligraphy as a mindful craft — it's something that can only be done slowly and with great care.
This workshop begins at 10am and is approximately two hours long.
Please bring along your own modern calligraphy supplies that you have been using, these should be Rhodia or other suitable paper, layout paper or tracing paper, Nikko G nib, black ink, HB pencil, and an eraser.
Need to knows:
- Designed for grown-ups, though children over twelve are also welcome (parents may need to help out a little with teaching).
- Please arrive 15 minutes before their workshop is due to begin in order to fill out a sign-in form, so that we can make the most of the workshop time available.
- Each workshop has a minimum number of participants required for it to go ahead. If this group size isn’t met, workshops are subject to cancellation up to seven days before they are due to run. If this happens, we will contact you — you’ll be offered a full refund or an alternative workshop date.
- Full prepayment is required at the time of booking and is non refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the event that the organisers need to cancel the session.
- If you can’t make a workshop, but you know someone who can, workshop tickets can be transferred. This exchange is handled by Bedruthan's Create team: please reach them at email@example.com or 01637 861222.
If not staying at Bedruthan, please stop by reception first and let them know your car's registration plate.
- Low stock - 10 items left
- Inventory on the way