Hand Craft Decorative and Functional Ceramics 6 Week Workshop
On this workshop you will be taught a variety of decorative techniques such as brushwork, slip trailing, faceting, hakeme, sgraffito, and imprinting. You will also be introduced to hand-building techniques such as pinching, coiling and slab building, which we will then apply to our decorative techniques.
At the end of the workshop, you will have a selection of hand-made ceramics and decorative tiles, that can be used and displayed at home.
The 6 week workshop includes;
- Week 1 (8th September) - Experimental tiles exploring decorative techniques such as brushwork, slip trailing, faceting, hakeme, sgraffito, and imprinting.
- Week 2 (15th September) - Create 2 mugs using slab method and pinching method.
- Week 3 (22nd September) - Decorate your mugs using preferred techniques. Begin your coil vase (or other chosen piece).
- Week 4 (29th September) - Finish your vase (or chosen piece) and decorate. Your vase will then be bisque fired.
- Week 5 (6th October) - Decorate any final pieces you would like to before the final firing process.
- Week 6 (13th October) -Finish creating and decorating the jewellery or small piece.
All pieces of your ceramics created will be fired and then posted to you.
Each workshop starts at 7pm and is approximately 2 hours.
All materials, tools, firing and postage included. Please head to the Create shop 15 minutes before so that we can take you down to the workshop.
Need to knows:
- Designed for grown-ups, though children over sixteen are also welcome.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before their workshop is due to begin in order to fill out a sign-in form, so that we can make the most of the workshop time available.
- Each workshop has a minimum number of participants required for it to go ahead. If this group size isn’t met, workshops are subject to cancellation up to seven days before they are due to run. If this happens, we will contact you — you’ll be offered a full refund or an alternative workshop date.
- Full prepayment is required at the time of booking and is non refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the event that the organisers need to cancel the session.
- If you can’t make a workshop, but you know someone who can, workshop tickets can be transferred. This exchange is handled by Bedruthan's Create team: please reach them at email@example.com or 01637 861222.
- Low stock - 8 items left
- Inventory on the way